Marriage Allowance

From 6th April 2015, you will be able to transfer any unused personal tax-free personal allowances between spouses using the new Marriage Allowance.

To qualify, one of you must have an income of less than the basic personal allowance (£10,600 for 15/16) and the other must not be liable for higher rate tax on any of their income.

The maximum amount that can be transferred is £1050 and to do so you will need to register your interest on HMRCs website by clicking here:

You will receive an email from HMRC to tell you when you can make a full claim.

If you have any further questions, or want help with taxes, simply get in touch and we would be happy to help